OptiFine HD 1.16.5/1.15.2/1.12.2 aims to improve FPS and support Texture Packs HD for Minecraft. The game will operate in a smoother way without using many resources.
The reason why you need to apply this mod to the game
Although Minecraft is a game with very simple graphics, it still requires you to have a fairly decent computer to run it smoothly. If you play it on a low-end PC, you will encounter lags sometimes. Encountering lags is not good at all because it will cause your character to meet his end easily. If lags are happening to your game, then it’s time to fix this issue.
The only way you can solve the lag program is to install OptiFine HD. It is a simple yet effective mod with various outstanding features. This mod makes the game operate in a smoother way by supplying a large FPS boost. Not only that, but it also allows you to operate texture packs HD without using other mods.
What are the features added by OptiFine HD?
Features that you can use in this FPS Boost and Shaders mod are quite diverse, including:
Boosting the in-game FPS:
- The FPS is increased twice.
- Lag spikes are less likely to happen and the gameplay becomes smoother.
Giving support to Shaders and customizable HD Textures, for instance:
- Terrain and item textures
- HD textures and HD fonts
- HD Font character widths
- Colors, block color palettes, and lighting
- Terrain and item textures that can be animated.
- Texture size without limits.
OptiFine HD also comes with Advanced OpenGL:
- It becomes more useful without many artifacts. There are two attributes including Fast and Fancy. With Fast, you will see several artifacts while Fancy evades visual artifacts.
Fog control has two attributes as well:
- Fog: Fancy, Fast, and OFF
- Fog start: Near, and Far
The Render Distance is subject to change:
- The render distance can be altered from Tiny to Extreme (twice far) in 16m steps.
- In Tiny and Short distance, you can now see the sun, moon, as well as stars.
- Handheld and dropped light can release items to light up objects surrounding them.
- The texture details became smoother, so the faraway objects can be seen much better.
- Several levels of minimaps, including OFF, 1, 2, 3, and Max, with two types, including Nearest and Linear.
Anisotropic Filtering (AF):
- Details in mipmapped textures are recovered.
- Several levels are OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 16.
Smooth Lighting is highly configurable in OptiFine HD Mod:
- 1%: Smooth lighting with no shadows
- 100%: Smooth lighting with all shadows.
VSync for performance:
- Framerate will be synced with monitor refresh rate for eliminating split frames and giving smoother gameplay.
- The levels are OFF, 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16.
- The jagged lines with sharp color transitions become smoother.
- It utilizes a smaller lookup that matches better in the L1 CPU cache.
- Smooth FPS: The FPS is stabilized.
- Smooth Input: Stuck keys, slow input, as well as sound lag are all repaired.
- The water becomes clear and can be seen much better underwater.
- Skies for the day and night now come with some custom textures.
- Random mob textures are utilized if they are accessible in the texture pack.
- The grass blocks side texture is mended to fit the grass terrain around.
- The clear blocks textures are mended to fit the snow terrain around.
- Textures will be connected for sandstone, glass panes, glass, and bookshelf blocks.
- No more gridlike pattern that was made by repeating blocks with the same type.
Chunk Loading Control:
- Load Far
- Preloaded Chunks
- Chunk Updates per Frame
- Dynamic Updates
Elements that can be configured:
- Cloud Height
- Rain and Snow
- Sun & Moon
- Depth Fog
- Swamp Colors
- Smooth Biomes
- Custom Fonts
- Custom Colors
- Show Capes
Types of animations you can configure:
- Water Animated
- Lava Animated
- Fire Animated
- Portal Animated
- Redstone Animated
- Explosion Animated
- Flame Animated
- Smoke Animated
- Void Particles
- Water Particles
- Rain Splash
- Portal Particles
- Dripping Water/Lava
- Terrain Animated
- Items Animated
Debug has two details including:
- Fast Debug Info
- Debug Profiler
- You can control the time through elements such as Default, Day Only, and Night Only.
Fast Texturepack Switching:
- The existing Texturepack will be changed without exiting the world.
- The fullscreen resolution is highly configurable.
- The Autosave interval can be configured.
- This fix is specially made for Lag Spike of Death.
OptiFine HD Mod (for version 1.16.5/1.15.2) will be an ideal modification for players who want Minecraft to operate smoothly. To launch the mod in the game, Minecraft Forge must be installed in advance.
Instructions on installing OptiFine HD
- Minecraft Forge must be installed in advance.
- On your computer, you start finding the Minecraft application folder. There are two ways to find the application, depending on the OS you are using:
- For Windows PC, from the Start menu, you start “Run” then type like this: “%appdata%”. Select “Run” when everything is done.
- For Mac, you launch finder and press down ALT. Then, you select Go and choose Library displayed in the top menu bar. Next, you will access the Application Support folder where you will find Minecraft.
- You put the downloaded OptiFine HD into the Mods folder.
- Start to open the game then select the mods button. This is when you know the OptiFine HD is already installed.
OptiFine HD Download Links
For Minecraft: 1.16.5
For Minecraft: 1.16.2
For Minecraft: 1.16.1
For Minecraft: 1.15.2
For Minecraft: 1.14.4
For Minecraft: 1.13.2